Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Another Chapter of Crazy!

The other night, during our regularly scheduled family night, something unexpected happened. I was victimized. Yes. I was victimized and the perpetrators were my own flesh and blood. I still can't believe it happened, but it did. Here's what went down...

Most of the evening Mike was antagonizing Maria with that old green squirt bottle. He just kept annoying her. I really wasn't paying much attention as I was serving dinner, etc. Maybe I was just glad he wasn't annoying me.

After dinner, I was sitting at our table when Maria got up to go to the bathroom. I was just relaxing, enjoying the granddaughters and all. My moment of relaxation came to a splashing halt when I looked up just in time to to take a FULL AND LARGE glass of water right in the face! It took a second for me to realize just what had occurred.

Maria, apparently did not need to potty. She'd gone to the bathroom where she knew I had a large plastic drinking glass used to rinse out the bathtub. As she returned down the hall with that full glass, we could not see her. However, Mike noticed the dogs looking down the hall with some excitement. Being the sinister soul that he is, he recognized that evil was about to happen. I was still blissfully unaware.

Maria planned to come around the corner and surprise her spray-bottle-toting father with a full glass of water. Mike, though, was at the corner already aiming. He squirted her and dove to the side. Guess what?! I was sitting right behind him and looked up to see what was going on, just in time to get a face full. As I sat there with my glasses dripping and my clothing soaked, I saw the horrified look on Maria's face.

I cracked up! Maria would never have done such a thing to me. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. Maria laughed so hard she fell to the floor. Elise was scared! What must have been going through her little mind? You could see she was worried about me and didn't want anyone to hurt her grandma. Yet, it was her beloved Momma who committed the crime. She was clearly distressed so we both tried to comfort her.

As I sat back down, catching my breath, another surprise came dashing around the corner. The second perpetrator was shorter, much shorter, but she had the same glass, again full of water. I know what you are thinking, "Oh no she diii-nt!"  The answer to that is OH YES SHE DID! She just wanted to join the fun. Her aim was an exact repeat of her mother's. We had a repeat of all the laughter as Maria tried to explain why Cordelia shouldn't throw glasses of water at her grandma.


Eventually, we all settled down. I sloshed for quite awhile but I eventually dried. We simply added another chapter of crazy to our family storybook.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

That's hilarious! What a fun family.

Featured Post

My Life as a Travel Agent

On a recent morning I was at work and as one of my patients was waiting for his death, I thought again about an idea that keeps popping int...